Rena Foster, Fremont, CA
1 1/2 lb. fresh snapper fillets
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. olive oil
4 large or 6 medium chopped tomatoes
1 bay leaf
1/4 tsp. oregano leaves
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper, ground
1/2 c. pitted green olives, halved
1 Tbsp. capers
1 Tbsp. lime juice
1 Tbsp. canned, diced green chilies
1 c. CHAUCER’S Mead
In a small saucepan, simmer tomatoes for 10 minutes or until slightly stewed.
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil until soft but not brown.
- Add stewed tomatoes, herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Place fish in baking pan. (iron skillet preferably)
- Cover fish with the sauce.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until the fish flakes.