by Beth Paiva
1/2 cup sugar
4 oz. butter (room temperature)
2 large eggs
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
pinch of salt
1/2 cup pomegranate wine
- Spray and flour 1 Standard 9″ Loaf Pan.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter and sugar together for about 5mins.
- Scrape down bowl and add eggs one at a time, cream together
- Scrape down bowl and mix in buttermilk, vanilla, lemon juice, and pomegranate wine.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients, baking soda, flour, and salt.
- Scrape down bowl with wet ingredients, while mixing slowly add dry ingredients just until they come together.
- Scrape down bowl and mix until everything comes together.
- Pour in prepare loaf pan and bake for about an hour, Cake is done when you stick a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean.