by: Greg Flores
4 6oz. Petrale Sole Filets
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
¼ cup. flour (wondra flour works well but any flour will do)
4 Tbsp. cooking oil
1 cup. raspberries
¾ cup. CHAUCER’S Raspberry Wine
1 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. black pepper, ground
¼ tsp. cornstarch
½ tsp. water
In a small saucepan, simmer raspberries and wine for 5 minutes.
- Add honey and black pepper. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Whisk cornstarch and water together in a small bowl, and then into sauce to thicken.
- Simmer for 1 minute and reduce heat to low
- In medium sauté pan, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Salt and pepper fish, then dredge in flour.
- Place fish presentation-side down in pan and cook for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Plate fish and spoon sauce on top.
Serve with potatoes and seasonal vegetables.