by Beth Paiva
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup molasses
1/3 tsp. baking soda
2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. allspice
3/4 cup CHAUCER’S MEAD
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Scrape down sides of bowl and mix in molasses.
- Scrape down sides of bowl and mix in the CHAUCER’S Mead. (should be moist)
- Add and mix in all dry ingredients, mix until everything is incorporated.
- Scoop onto a greased sheet pan, and bake for about 16 minutes. Cookies should be slightly firm to the touch when done. Serve warm.
*If desired you can dip the top in the warm Mead for extra Mead flavor.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies.